Today's Cooking
We're making the Spiced Root Cake (using carrots) from the Elder Scrolls Cookbook, for a birthday party tomorrow. :D
Also, I looked up a reference, which said 2.75 carrots to make a cup of shredded carrot. 2 carrots made 3 cups of shreds. 0_o
EDIT 12/19/21 -- On previous occasions, the center didn't cook as well as the edges. So this time we put it in a bundt pan. It took 50 minutes instead of 30 because the cake was deeper, but it will be interesting to see if this results in more even baking. The plan is to ice it tomorrow before the party.
EDIT 12/19/21 -- I am gratified that the finished cake fell right out of the pan with no prying required. \o/
Also, I looked up a reference, which said 2.75 carrots to make a cup of shredded carrot. 2 carrots made 3 cups of shreds. 0_o
EDIT 12/19/21 -- On previous occasions, the center didn't cook as well as the edges. So this time we put it in a bundt pan. It took 50 minutes instead of 30 because the cake was deeper, but it will be interesting to see if this results in more even baking. The plan is to ice it tomorrow before the party.
EDIT 12/19/21 -- I am gratified that the finished cake fell right out of the pan with no prying required. \o/