Crows
Doug is making my birthday supper, and it needed mint. I went outside to pick some. A pair of crows were freaking out in the ritual meadow. (I had to look up whether they were crows or ravens.) Well, I didn't want to ignore an alarm call, so after getting my mint I went to see what the problem was. A great horned owl flew out of the trees, followed by the screaming crows, who chased him all around the yard and back to the ritual meadow. I shooed him away again. They chased him into the orchard, through the ritual meadow, and around again. I gave up and went back to the house -- where Doug was outside to dump vegetable scraps, and pointed out the owl. I explained about the chase. The owl flew away, again chased by the crows, back to the meadow.
Two crows won't be enough to drive away an owl, and they don't tend to form large flocks like ravens. But I have seen and heard many other crows around here. They just don't come into the yard very often. Possibly they are looking for a place to nest, as we have many large trees. It will be interesting to see who wins.
:D Happy birthday to me.
Two crows won't be enough to drive away an owl, and they don't tend to form large flocks like ravens. But I have seen and heard many other crows around here. They just don't come into the yard very often. Possibly they are looking for a place to nest, as we have many large trees. It will be interesting to see who wins.
:D Happy birthday to me.