What we know:
* The Earth is warming rapidly
* because of human actions
* which is a Very Bad Thing
* because it worsens things like wildfires, floods, and violent weather
* and we can't stop it
* because it's already here
* although we still have time to buffer it a bit.
What we don't know exactly what will cause tipping points, or where those critical thresholds are, or how fast catastrophic changes can occur.
I keep telling people not to be fooled just because the Earth is big and often slow. It can move at blinding speed when provoked. Predictive models are only as good as the data going into them. They can help us identify trends based on what we know, but they can't tell us what we don't know.
Expect the unexpected.