Bushfires and Habitat Loss
This article reveals how some species have lost most or all of their habitat to recent bushfires.
I have not seen similar reports about megafires on the West Coast of America, but I suspect similar problems -- a big fire can easily overrun a whole species that has a small range. :( This needs more coverage in order to protect any remaining habitat. Also, scientists need to be on the bounce to measure post-fire populations and quickly boost whelmed species up the protection ladder.
I have not seen similar reports about megafires on the West Coast of America, but I suspect similar problems -- a big fire can easily overrun a whole species that has a small range. :( This needs more coverage in order to protect any remaining habitat. Also, scientists need to be on the bounce to measure post-fire populations and quickly boost whelmed species up the protection ladder.