Know the traits and behaviors of a good boss. Learn how to be a good boss. Faster Blaster learned his skills from Boss White. The bar for besting Boss Batir is lying in a ditch.
Teen parents face many problems. It's hard on teen fathers, because they are often overlooked in favor of teen mothers. Only a few programs exist to help teen fathers; the best I've seen is in New Zealand, evidently thanks to Maori influence. Here is some general support for teen parents.
I could not find a basic list along the lines of "what teen fathers need" or "how you can help teen fathers." No wonder the outcomes are so appalling. Based on my experience as a gender scholar, here is a list of things that I think would help. Current or former teen fathers are heartily encouraged to add their perspectives to this resource.
* Food, clothing, shelter, health care, safety, and other basic survival needs for father and child (plus mother if present). Always begin problem-solving with survival needs, as they must be secure before much else can be accomplished.
* A mentor, preferably an older man who is a father, or at least one familiar with raising children. A former teen father now successful in life is best of all. But anyone can help just by welcoming the teen father and helping him solve problems.
* Information about legal issues pertaining to teen fathers.
* Patchwork tests to assess the teen father's life skills, relationship skills, and parenting skills, followed by free classes, books, or other materials to advance his skills if necessary.
* An assessment of the teen father's family and community ties, followed by assistance in cultivating a support network if necessary.
* Help setting up childcare arrangements.
* Educational assistance to remain in or return to school, and to learn the material, if the teen father is or wishes to be in school.
* Support in obtaining and maintaining a job sufficient to support a family, if the teen father is or wishes to be employed.
* Mental care if needed, since teen pregnancy correlates with higher rates of anxiety, depression, and other problems. It is best to prevent these or address them while small rather than let them grow large.
* Support in formulating personal concepts of self, masculinity, manhood, and fatherhood and establishing healthy life balance as these tasks of adolescence and early adulthood are easily derailed by early parenthood.
Foster care wrenches children from their homes into a broken system that statistically leads to bad outcomes. It disrupts attachment, causing children to build emotional walls for survival that undermine later relationships in school, siblings, and romance. Foster parents have to work extra hard to build healthy relationships. Then it's hard on everyone when a child leaves. Cas ran away with Hali because they felt unsafe in foster care, and that is complicating their ability to make connection elsewhere.
Touch aversion can have many causes, but it is especially common among foster children and other trauma survivors. This puts enormous strain on relationships. Both Cas and Hali have issues with body trust, but primarily with outsiders; they're much more tactile with each other. It's important not to touch people without their consent, even if it's not sexual. Here are some tactile resources.
Parakeets can bathe in water or dust. Some birds like both, while others have strong preferences.
Toddlers can learn to feed themselves. Here are some recipes for baby food and finger food.
Barbecue sauces come in many styles. A good BBQ restaurant will offer a variety. Enjoy recipes for BeerBQ, Caffeine Blast, Ghost Story, HoneybeeBQ, Peachy Keen, Whiteout, and Yellow Belly. See Red includes the Red Sea flavor of Hydra sport drink mix and Hawaiian red salt. It's similar to a savory barbecue sauce but with a salty flavor.
Furnishing an apartment can be done affordably if you know where to splurge and save. A valet stand is good for your clothes.
Shopping with toddlers can work if you plan it thoughtfully. Build your toddler's wardrobe with care. It's often easier if you just buy everything at one place.
Children should be offered meaningful choices as soon as they begin interacting with adults. If you hold out two toys for an infant, she'll usually reach for one, which you can give her to confirm the choice. For toddlers, offering two garments to choose from lets them express themselves. This lays the foundation for positive discipline, as children need sound decision-making skills before they can understand complexities like "cause and effect" or "behavior and consequences."
Dressing toddlers is easier if you create a capsule wardrobe in which most or all items mix-and-match well with each other. Here is a seasonal checklist for what to buy, and a summer checklist for need-have-buy. Hali has a spring-summer capsule and just added a fall-winter capsule. For now, she can wear items from both sets, but by the time the weather warms again, the previous spring-summer clothes will probably be too small and she'll need fresh ones.
Feeling broken inside is a common reaction to betrayal or other trauma. It is important to acknowledge these feelings in order to work through them, just as it is important to accommodate a broken leg while it heals. Here are some tips for coping when you feel broken inside.