Wednesday Yardening
Today is sunny, breezy, and warm. We got quite a bit of rain last night and more on the way.
Round One, I planted 6 red dianthus and 4 assorted zinnias in the prairie garden. I also noticed a few flowers coming back from last year -- there are pink dianthus already blooming and I just spotted a baby marigold. :D
I still need to get back out and feed birds, though.
EDIT 5-22-19: Round Two, I fed the birds. I have seen a goldfinch, a house finch, sparrows, and doves today.
I raked mulch toward the center of the forest garden and sowed grass seed around the east edge. Then I planted columbines and forget-me-nots inside the forest garden.
EDIT 5-22-19: Round Three, I planted an oregano in the strip garden. Then I planted 4 black hollyhock roots and multicolor hollyhock seeds around the telephone pole near the driveway.
Round One, I planted 6 red dianthus and 4 assorted zinnias in the prairie garden. I also noticed a few flowers coming back from last year -- there are pink dianthus already blooming and I just spotted a baby marigold. :D
I still need to get back out and feed birds, though.
EDIT 5-22-19: Round Two, I fed the birds. I have seen a goldfinch, a house finch, sparrows, and doves today.
I raked mulch toward the center of the forest garden and sowed grass seed around the east edge. Then I planted columbines and forget-me-nots inside the forest garden.
EDIT 5-22-19: Round Three, I planted an oregano in the strip garden. Then I planted 4 black hollyhock roots and multicolor hollyhock seeds around the telephone pole near the driveway.