In case you haven't heard about it before, #joinin is a campaign created by the comedian Sarah Millican to help lonely people make connections during the holidays. It started on Twitter, where you can use the hashtag #joinin to let people know that you're feeling lonely or that you would be happy to talk to someone who needs company.
If you are lonely in the holidays or want to reach out to people who are, this is a space for that. Some possible topics:
* Tell us a little about yourself.
* A hobby you enjoy.
* Something you like doing with friends.
* A favorite holiday memory.
* A family tradition.
* What your local wildlife is up to.
* Your favorite nonsexual intimacies.
* That idea you had for fixing something that nobody seems interested in.
Here are some icebreaker questions for more ideas.
Loneliness can cause serious problems. Learn how to cope with loneliness and stop feeling lonely. There are tips about making friends online. Individuals can't solve the problem alone; we need to cultivate connections in community. Urban design can support social health too. Great places support human interaction. And of course, my fans' favorite example: how to make your town more like Bluehill and how to build community.