Wednesday Yardening
Today is cooler, gray, and damp. It rained a little last night.
I planted two batches of bulbs, for a total of ten, each one a different cultivar. Six warm-colored ones went beside the barrel garden. Four black ones went in the tulip garden beside the parking lot. That's all I have for now that's slated for those locations.
I still have a big bag of stuff for the wildflower garden. That was the largest batch.
A few more birds have been fluttering around the feeders. I saw a sparrow on the hopper feeder yesterday. Today I saw finches around the fly-through feeder. If I keep seeing finches, I may put up a thistle sock. I don't always, because the bird population varies and thistle is expensive, but when we have lots of finches then it's worthwhile.
I planted two batches of bulbs, for a total of ten, each one a different cultivar. Six warm-colored ones went beside the barrel garden. Four black ones went in the tulip garden beside the parking lot. That's all I have for now that's slated for those locations.
I still have a big bag of stuff for the wildflower garden. That was the largest batch.
A few more birds have been fluttering around the feeders. I saw a sparrow on the hopper feeder yesterday. Today I saw finches around the fly-through feeder. If I keep seeing finches, I may put up a thistle sock. I don't always, because the bird population varies and thistle is expensive, but when we have lots of finches then it's worthwhile.