* Actually look at this list of goals, at least once a month, before the end of the year in hopes of meeting more of them and not trying to cram in December. [4/3/17, 4/13/17, 12/15/17, 12/31/17]
* Place one new book-length project on the market, either by writing a book proposal or by writing a complete book manuscript.
* Experiment with self-publishing a chapbook in ebook and/or home-printed format.
draggon-flye.livejournal.com has volunteered to help with this.
* Finish compiling the manuscript for The Origami Mage collection. Add supporting materials as necessary. Submit completed manuscript to Hunt Press.
* Write at least 400 poems. [DONE 12/31/17]
* Continue holding one Poetry Fishbowl per month. [DONE 1/3/17, 1/24/17, 2/7/17, 3/7/17, 4/4/17, 5/2/17, 6/6/17, 7/4/17, 8/1/17, 9/5/17, 10/3/17, 11/7/17, 12/5/17]
* Collate at least three more poetic series into collection files.
* Create more supporting materials for poetic series as necessary, such as character cast lists or scientific notes.
* Supervise reorganization of the Polychrome Heroics material. [DONE 12/31/17]
* Make more pages for individual threads in the Polychrome Heroics series. [Created page for Standalone Poetry in March]
* Launch at least one new poetic series.
* Sell poetry to at least 3 new markets.
* Sell at least one poem of 10 or fewer lines, eligible for the Dwarf Stars Award. [DONE]
* Sell at least one poem of 50+ lines, eligible for the Rhysling Award long category. [DONE]
* Write at least 3 stories. Take more care not to let fiction engine idle until things spurt out sideways at inopportune times. Ideally, write at least one story advancing the main Fala/Rai storyline in Torn World; and at least one story in some other setting.
* Finish at least one story that was partly written and then abandoned.
* Finish at least one poem that was partly written and then abandoned. [DONE]
* Edit at least one story that has already been written, and put it on the market.
* Submit all unsold stories to markets.
* Sell at least one story to a standard market.
* Participate in at least one bingo fest. [DONE Origfic_bingo card 4/3/17]
* Continue expanding my connections with intentional community; write at least one article for Communities magazine.
* Run the Rose & Bay Awards for 2016. [DONE 3/15/17]
* Keep up with writing records better, updating at least weekly.
* Complete at least one significant outdoor project, such as replanting the forest garden to replace plants lost to drought. [DONE 4/13/17: filled hollows around septic cap]
* Go through closet to remove clothes that no longer fit, and take them to a charity. [DONE 12/14/17]
* Keep track of my crowdfunding activity as the year goes on. [DONE]
* Keep track of things I would like to receive as gifts. [DONE ongoing]
* Fill in the blank: __________. This slot is left open because, during any given year, I usually pick up some "surprise" goals. This time I want to give myself credit for that.
** Registered our yard as a Certified Wildlife Habitat 4/3/17]
What are some of your goals for 2017?