* Actually look at this list of goals, at least once a month, before the end of the year in hopes of meeting more of them and not trying to cram in December. [1/4/16, 1/14/16]
* Place one new book-length project on the market, either by writing a book proposal or by writing a complete book manuscript.
* Experiment with self-publishing a chapbook in ebook and/or home-printed format.
draggon-flye.livejournal.com has volunteered to help with this. [MET: The 50 Poetic States collection finished in December]
* Finish writing the poems needed to complete The 50 Poetic States collection. Keep shopping around the proposal for it in hopes of finding an editor who likes it and can afford to buy it. [MET in December]
* Finish compiling the manuscript for The Origami Mage collection. Add supporting materials as necessary. Submit completed manuscript to Hunt Press.
* Write at least 400 poems. [MET]
* Continue holding one Poetry Fishbowl per month. [MET]
* Collate at least three more poetic series into collection files. [MET: The Moon Door 1/14/16, Officer Pink December, Danso and Family in December]
* Create more supporting materials for poetic series as necessary, such as character cast lists or scientific notes. [MET: The Moon Door entry on Serial Poetry page 1/14/16]
* Supervise reorganization of the Polychrome Heroics material. [MET]
* Make more pages for individual threads in the Polychrome Heroics series. [MET]
* Launch at least one new poetic series.
* Sell poetry to at least 3 new markets.
* Sell at least one poem of 10 or fewer lines, eligible for the Dwarf Stars Award. [MET]
* Sell at least one poem of 50+ lines, eligible for the Rhysling Award long category. [MET]
* Write at least 3 stories. Take more care not to let fiction engine idle until things spurt out sideways at inopportune times. Ideally, write at least one story advancing the main Fala/Rai storyline in Torn World; and at least one story in some other setting.
* Finish at least one story that was partly written and then abandoned.
* Finish at least one poem that was partly written and then abandoned. [MET]
* Edit at least one story that has already been written, and put it on the market.
* Submit all unsold stories to markets.
* Sell at least one story to a standard market.
* Participate in at least one bingo fest. [MET]
* Obtain at least one new, regular writing or editing job that pays reasonably well.
* Continue expanding my connections with intentional community; write at least one article for Communities magazine.
* Run the Rose & Bay Awards for 2016. [MET]
* Keep up with writing records better, updating at least weekly.
* Complete at least one significant outdoor project, such as replanting the forest garden to replace plants lost to drought. [MET]
* Go through closet to remove clothes that no longer fit, and take them to a charity.
* Keep track of my crowdfunding activity as the year goes on. [MET]
* Keep track of things I would like to receive as gifts. [MET]
* Fill in the blank: __________. This slot is left open because, during any given year, I usually pick up some "surprise" goals. This time I want to give myself credit for that.
What are some of your goals for 2016?