* Full bloom: daffodils, jonquils, giant hyacinths, grape hyacinths, forsythia, domestic apricot, domestic plum, wild violets, trillium.
* Buds: redbuds, gold currants, columbines, Manchurian apricot.
* The first few stems of asparagus are sprouting, and should be ready to start picking in a day or two.
* A bumblebee servicing the daffodils under the maple southeast of our house, heavy with pollen. This is a strong sign of spring, as bees rarely emerge when there is still cold weather to come.
* The mourning dove nest under the porch roof is still active. The one in the crotch of the walnut tree has fallen to predation, with a broken eggshell still in the nest.