* Actually look at this list of goals, at least once a month, before the end of the year in hopes of meeting more of them and not trying to cram in December.
[1/1/15, 1/13/15, 1/27/15, 1/30/15, 2/27/15, 4/8/15, 5/4/15, 7/13/15, 12/31/15]
* Place one new book-length project on the market, either by writing a book proposal or by writing a complete book manuscript.
* Experiment with self-publishing a chapbook in ebook and/or home-printed format.
* Finish writing the poems needed to complete The 50 Poetic States collection. Keep shopping around the proposal for it in hopes of finding an editor who likes it and can afford to buy it.
* Finish compiling the manuscript for The Origami Mage collection. Add supporting materials as necessary. Submit completed manuscript to Hunt Press.
* Write at least 400 poems. MET 12/31/15
* Continue holding one Poetry Fishbowl per month. MET 12/1/15
* Collate at least three more poetic series into collection files. [Dragonsilk 1/30/15, Feathered Nests 2/27/15, The Time Towers 2/27/15] MET 2/27/15
* Create more supporting materials for poetic series as necessary, such as character cast lists or scientific notes. MET 12/22/15
* Supervise reorganization of the Polychrome Heroics material. MET 12/22/15
* Launch at least one new poetic series. [The Guardians of Tomorrowmorrow 1/17/15, The Time Towers 2/3/15, Seeing Hearts 2/10/15, The Moon Door 10/6/15] MET
* Sell poetry to at least 3 new markets. [Translucent Zine 1/13/15, Stages 10 3/13/15]
* Sell at least one poem of 10 or fewer lines, eligible for the Dwarf Stars Award. MET 1/6/15 "Three Precious Necklaces"
* Sell at least one poem of 50+ lines, eligible for the Rhysling Award long category. MET 1/6/15 "Room with a Garden View"
* Write at least 3 stories. Take more care not to let fiction engine idle until things spurt out sideways at inopportune times. Ideally, write at least one story advancing the main Fala/Rai storyline in Torn World; and at least one story in some other setting. [TW: "Broken Hopes" 1/23/15, "Brewing Beauty" 1/23/15, "Little Paws in the Licenses" 1/24/15] MET 1/24/15
* Finish at least one story that was partly written and then abandoned.
* Edit at least one story that has already been written, and put it on the market.
* Submit all unsold stories to markets.
* Sell at least one story to a standard market.
* Participate in at least one bingo fest. MET 1/3/15 Trope Bingo Fest
* Obtain at least one new, regular writing or editing job that pays reasonably well.
* Continue expanding my connections with intentional community; write at least one article for Communities magazine.
* Run the Rose & Bay Awards for 2015. [MET 3/1/15]
* Keep up with writing records better, updating at least weekly.
* Complete at least one significant outdoor project, such as replanting the forest garden to replace plants lost to drought. [Replaced barrel garden: MET 7/10/15]
Replace two bookcases in my office, assembling the new bookcases and moving the books onto them. These went into the spare room instead.
* Go through closet to remove clothes that no longer fit, and take them to a charity.
* Keep track of my crowdfunding activity as the year goes on. MET 12/31/15
* Keep track of things I would like to receive as gifts. MET 12/31/15
* Fill in the blank: __________. This slot is left open because, during any given year, I usually pick up some "surprise" goals. This time I want to give myself credit for that.
Built bookcases for spare room (October)
** Make more pages for individual threads in the Polychrome Heroics series.
Antimatter & Stalwart Stan [4/16/15], Aquariana [4/16/15], Berettaflies [12/22/15], Shiv [12/24/15], Officer Pink [12/24/15] MET
What are some of your goals for 2015?