Among my more relevant series:
An Army of One, Frankenstein's Family, Hart's Farm, The Moon Door, One God's Story of Mid-Life Crisis, The Steamsmith, and Tripping into the Future.
Polychrome Heroics focuses so much on choices that most threads and many individual characters relate to this theme. Some good examples include Antimatter and Stalwart Stan, Berettaflies, Calliope, Officer Pink, and Shiv.
I have a linkback poem, "Crossroads on the Hero's Journey" (10 verses, standalone).
If you're interested, mark the date on your calendar, and please hold actual prompts until the "Poetry Fishbowl Open" post next week. (If you're not available that day, or you live in a time zone that makes it hard to reach me, you can leave advance prompts. I am now.) Meanwhile, if you want to help with promotion, please feel free to link back here or repost this on your blog.
( Collapse )
* Actually look at this list of goals, at least once a month, before the end of the year in hopes of meeting more of them and not trying to cram in December. [MET 1/2/19, 1/5/19, 1/13/19, 2/7/19, 2/10/19, 3/1/19, 3/4/19, 3/10/19, 3/18/19, 3/31/19, 4/12/19, 4/19/19, 4/28/19, 5/13/19, 5/28/19, 6/1/19, 6/2/19, 7/5/19, 7/9/19, 7/25/19, 8/19/19, 8/24/19, 9/16/19, 10/24/19, 11/3/19, 12/1/19, 12/10/19, 12/22/19, 12/30/19]
* Fill in desk calendar with repeating posts and other memoranda. [MET 1/2/19]
* Place one new book-length project on the market, either by writing a book proposal or by writing a complete book manuscript.
* Experiment with self-publishing a chapbook in ebook and/or home-printed format.
draggon-flye.livejournal.com has volunteered to help with this.
* Finish compiling the manuscript for The Origami Mage collection. Add supporting materials as necessary. Submit completed manuscript to Hunt Press.
* Write at least 400 poems. [MET]
* Continue holding one Poetry Fishbowl per month. [MET 1/8/19, 1/22/19, 2/5/19, 3/6/19, 4/2/19, 5/7/19, 6/4/19, 6/16/19, 7/2/19, 8/6/19, 9/3/19, 10/1/19, 11/5/19, 11/19/19, 12/3/19]
* Try using a specific storyline as a theme for the main Poetry Fishbowl, like the Big One in the bonus round last year. [MET 5/7/19 Officer Pink: Aftermath of the Raid]
* Collate at least three more poetic series into collection files. [MET Kande's Quest 1/5/19, The Hollow Way 3/31/19, Arts and Crafts America 4/28/19]
* Create more supporting materials for poetic series as necessary, such as character cast lists or scientific notes. [MET Lincoln Nebraska 8/2/19, Rutledge Vermont 11/10/19]
* Supervise reorganization of the Polychrome Heroics material. [MET]
* Make more pages for individual threads in the Polychrome Heroics series.
* Launch at least one new poetic series. [MET 3/13/19 The Hollow Way]
* Sell at least one poem of 10 or fewer lines, eligible for the Dwarf Stars Award. [MET "Sufficiently Advanced Reality" 8/6/19, "Snipping Snowflakes" 11/5/19]
* Sell at least one poem of 50+ lines, eligible for the Rhysling Award long category. [MET "Penny's Pocket Parity" 1/8/19]
* Finish at least one poem that was partly written and then abandoned. [MET "Into the Thousand-Eyed Present" 8/22/19-9/15/19, "Because We Are All Unique" 10/25/19-11/11/19]
* Participate in at least one bingo fest. [MET 1/1/19 Untranslatable Words Bingo, 2/1/19 Valentines Bingo, 2/28/19 Meet Ugly Bingo, Meet Ugly Bingo 2-28-19, School Days Bingo Fest 4-1-19, Tarot Bingo Fest 4-30-19, Cottoncandy Bingo Fest 6-1-19, Hc_bingo 6-18-19, Winterfest in July Fest 7-1-19, End of Summer Fest 8-2-19,
Arts and Crafts Festival 9-1-19, Fall Festival Bingo 10-1-19, People-watching Bingo 10-31-19, Transbingo 11-1-19]
* Run the Rose & Bay Awards for 2018. [MET Nomination posts made 1/1/19, voting posts made 2/1/19, winners announced 3/1/19]
* Keep up with writing records better, updating at least weekly.
* Complete at least one significant outdoor project. [MET planted tricolor beech tree]
* Go through closet to remove clothes that no longer fit, and take them to a charity. [MET 1/2/19 one bag, 11/26/19 two bags, 11/29/19 two bags]
* Keep track of my crowdfunding activity as the year goes on. [MET]
* Keep track of things I would like to receive as gifts. [MET]
* Make at least one new recipe per month. [MET "Grilled Pork with Pineapple Slices," 1/24/19, "Baked Eggs with Vegetables in Muffin Tin" 2/7/19, "Ginger-Basil Beef" 2/10/19, "Barbecue Pork Ribs" 3/10/19, "Moroccan Dry Rub" on beef cutlets 3/15/19, Turkey Meatloaf Muffins (as a loaf) 4/12/19, Nord Spices and Spiced Root Cake 4/19/19, Stormcloak Seasoning and Companions Meatball Bake 5/12/19, Ricotta Meatball Meatloaf (with turkey) 5/28/19, Flower Salad 6/1/19, Turkey Egg Scramble 6/2/19, Egyptian Buffalo Meatloaf 6/12/19, Hippie Meatloaf 6/23/19, Summer Squash Bread and Summer Squash with Herbal Butter 6/25/19, Parmesan Zucchini Bread 8/16/19, Iroquois Three Sisters Succotash 8/19/19, Pea Soup from the Elder Scrolls cookbook 8/24/19, Brazilian Black Beans (feijoada) 9/15/19, acorn squash stuffed with corn and black beans 10/24/19, Tomato Stew 11/2/19, Basil Lemonade 12/10/19, Crockpot Mushroom Chicken and Chewy Cherry Pistachio Cookies 12/22/19, Maple Squash and Turtle Island Elkloaf 1.0 12/29/19, Turtle Island Omelette 12/30/19]
* Fill in the blank: __________. This slot is left open because, during any given year, I usually pick up some "surprise" goals. This time I want to give myself credit for that.
* ADDED 1/13/19 for snowflake_challenge: Post at least one new piece to Love Is For Children. [MET 2/6/19 "Sunday Dinner"]
* ADDED 3/4/19: completed orders for spring plant catalogs. Next year I should set a goal to finish this no later than February. [MET 3/4/19]
* ADDED 7/9/19: cleared out cabinet under kitchen sink. [MET 7/9/19]
What are some of your goals for 2019?
EDIT 1/1/20: Out of 24 goals and one blank, I met 19 plus three extra fills in the blank -- nearly a clean sweep, which is spectacular.
B1 (visiting family) -- "The Heart to Rejoice" (Polychrome Heroics)
B2 (friends) -- "Life in Quicktime" (LIFC)
B3 (avoiding work) -- "Batting Around" (standalone)
B4 (summer colors) -- "Pipecleaners" (Polychrome Heroics: Dr. Infanta)
B5 (managing free time) -- "Crazy Fun in the House of Mirrors" (Schrodinger's Heroes)
I2 (sweat) -- "The Ramifications of That State of Mind" (Not Quite Kansas)
I5 (sidewalk chalk) -- "Cruel Intentions and Difficult Truths" (Not Quite Kansas)
N1 (relaxation) -- "Stick Like Glue" (Polychrome Heroics: Calliope)
N2 (camping) -- "Crossroads on the Hero's Journey" (standalone)
N4 (walking) -- "Unseen, the Yellow Woods" (standalone)
G1 (sunshine) -- "The Reality of Cruelty" (Polychrome Heroics: Officer Pink)
G2 (minimum effort) -- "The Perfection That Eludes Us" (Polychrome Heroics)
O3 (summer school) -- "The Shadows on the Wall" (Monster House)