* Actually look at this list of goals, at least once, before the end of the year in hopes of meeting more of them and not trying to cram in December. [MET 1/23/11, 2/3/11, 3/30/11, 4/4/11, 5/17/11, 6/9/11, 7/4/11, 9/30/11, 12/29/11]
* Place one new book-length project on the market, either by writing a book proposal or by writing a complete book manuscript.
* Experiment with self-publishing a chapbook in ebook and/or home-printed format.
* Finish writing the poems needed to complete The 50 Poetic States collection. Keep shopping around the proposal for it in hopes of finding an editor who likes it and can afford to buy it.
* Write at least 250 poems. [MET 12/31/11]
* Continue holding one Poetry Fishbowl per month [MET 12/6/11].
* Post some more verses of "A Periodic Table of Elementals." [MET 9/25/11]
* Sell poetry to at least 3 new markets. [Sold
* Sell at least one poem of 10 or fewer lines, eligible for the Dwarf Stars Award. [MET 2/3/11 "Just like..." to Star*Line]
* Sell at least one poem of 50+ lines, eligible for the Rhysling Award long category. [MET 6/6/11 "Weapons of Mass Destruction" to Pedestal]
* Write at least 3 stories. Take more care not to let fiction engine idle until things spurt out sideways at inopportune times. [MET "On the Rocks" 1/29/11, "The Sky Rangers" 1/29/11, "One Toy for Three" 2/25/11 Non-Torn World: "Scum" 7/24/11]
* Finish at least one story that was partly written and then abandoned. [MET 1/26/11 "Cutting Time"]
* Edit at least one story that has already been written, and put it on the market.
* Sell at least one story. [MET 1/25/11 "The Flight of the Rose Butterfly" in Torn World]
* Obtain at least one new, regular writing or editing job that pays reasonably well.
* Continue expanding my connections with intentional community; write at least one article for Communities magazine. (MET 5/18/11)
* Run the Rose & Bay Awards for 2011. (MET 3/16/11)
* Complete at least one significant outdoor project, such as finishing reorganization of the blackberry patch or paving around the raspberry patch. (MET spring/summer planting native grasses in prairie garden and wildflower garden)
* Improve my understanding of how the fancy digital camera works, so that I can learn to use more of its features. (MET 7/4/11: shooting fast-moving fireworks, at night, with long exposure, from a tripod) Try out the high-speed "sports" mode.
* Fill in the blank: __________. This slot is left open because, during any given year, I usually pick up some "surprise" goals. This time I want to give myself credit for that. (MET June/July building "Greenhaven: A Pagan Tradition" website, organized posts for crowdfunding in LJ Spotlight July 18-24)
[Consider doing this with an actual point score next year?]
What are some of your goals for 2011?